We believe it is possible to code projects that breathe life. We hope you do, too.
Health tech is big business. With a nation crippled by a broken health care delivery system, billions are spent providing solutions that only build upon a faulty paradigm.
HealthMotivate is more than a tech startup. While other companies are focused on financial profit, HealthMotivate measures success by happier, healthier lives. True transformation in health care must begin with this value shift. People, not profits, must inform health choices.
To meet this goal, HealthMotivate became a project of the Upper Columbia Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, a group that also shares this vision. We believe this unique arrangement will help to ensure our core values are protected, which benefits our users as well as our employees. Our faith-based work environment creates a place for achieving mission oriented goals. Each person on our team is not only a colleague, but a pleasure to work with, demonstrating humility and a committed faith in God.
The HealthMotivate work culture supports and encourages healthy living among employees, even recognizing that employees with sedentary jobs need to move as often as possible. We all inspire one another to take care of our health, and to be our best selves for balanced living.
HealthMotivate is seeking a Mobile Developer to help create an exciting health and lifestyle platform utilizing many innovative technologies. The developer will work alongside a research and design team with the mission to help users achieve lasting physical, mental and spiritual life changes. A commitment to collaborative problem solving and to creating quality products is essential.
Team members follow the agile framework, requiring limited supervision. To meet project deadlines, team members must be able to set and complete their own tasks and communicate progress daily.
Essential job functions
- Build health and lifestyle applications for the iOS platform
- Demonstrate a passion to promote healing of mind, body and soul
- Collaborate with an online team to define and design software platform and architecture
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Iterate on development prototypes and shipping releases
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
Job skills and special requirements
- Self-motivated. Able to deliver results with a high degree of independence
- Proficient with Swift, Objective-C, and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as UIKit, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and iOS design patterns
- Familiarity with RESTful API’s to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Experience with performance and memory tuning (with tools such as Instruments and Shark, depending on project needs)
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for testing and debugging
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- 5-7 years professional coding experience
- Android with Kotlin/Java programing skills or other cross development experience
- Experience in server side programming
- Higher math skills such as statistics
- Comfortable working with data science, machine learning, python frameworks
- Previous experience with the Agile framework
- Distributed office - Work from wherever you want, and apart from meetings, whenever you want. We encourage our team members to work when it is convenient for them, when they’ll do their best work.
- Reasonable workload - We schedule our team members with a max of 30-35 hours per week for project work. We believe more than that is asking too much. The other 5-10 hours are reserved for team meetings, industry networking, and professional/skill development.
- Paid vacation time - Time off is important. Our employees can easily access and use earned vacation time, in addition to eight paid holidays.
- Equipment - Employees are given a computer and device budget. Up-to-date software is also provided.
- Health insurance - Employees are offered competitive medical/dental/vision insurance.
- Retirement - HealthMotivate provides employees a 403(b) plan along with a 3% employer contribution.
- Disability insurance - HealthMotivate provides long term disability insurance.
- Life insurance - All employees are provided with a term life insurance policy.
- SDA private school tuition assistance - Family dependents attending Kindergarten through 9 semesters of Adventist college may receive up to 70% of tuition assistance.
- Family medical leave of absence – Birth or care of a child are important life events. Employees are entitled to up to twelve weeks of paid and/or unpaid leave.
- Travel assistance - When traveling more than 100 miles from home, Voya Travel Assistance provides several services, including emergency medical assistance and emergency transportation.
- Ongoing training - We offer free online training memberships such as Raywenderlich.com, to help you stay up to date with the latest API’s and language features. Others available on request.
- Team & culture - We work and support each other as a team. We make an effort to get together numerous times per year and support each other personally and professionally at every opportunity.
Team members, including physicians, are employees of the Upper Columbia Conference and paid at a denominational wage scale.
Apply to this position
Send your resume along with a statement explaining your interest in HealthMotivate to email@example.com.